Delyn MP David Hanson has backed the Government’s commitment to offer more help to those people that find themselves out of work during the current global economic recession.
The Government has made a commitment to act now and invest billions in people’s future and in order to save billions in a future where people are stuck on benefits.
Most people who lose their jobs still find work quickly, but the longer people are out of work the more help there is available:
- The Government’s Young People’s Guarantee means that 18-24s out of work for 12 months will get a job, training or a community placement;
- The £1bn Future Jobs Fund is aimed at preventing young people and those in deprived areas from ending up trapped in long-term worklessness;
- When redundancies are threatened there is advice and skills support available through our Rapid Response service;
- From day one of unemployment the Government offers a guarantee of financial support, and employment and skills advice;
- The Government has also introduced a protection so that losing your job doesn’t mean losing your pension;
- And there is earlier mortgage support available so that losing a job need not mean losing a home.
David Hanson said:
“This Government is investing heavily in providing the skills and training necessary to help people get back in work if they find themselves unemployed.
“Investing now will save us money in the long-term and I am determined to do everything I can to ensure that the people of Flintshire get the support they need through this difficult time.”