Delyn MP David Hanson has visited Royal Mail’s Flint Delivery Office to pass on best Christmas wishes and learn more about the work of local postmen and women at their busiest time of year.
Mr Hanson was shown round the Delivery Office by local Delivery Office manager Andrew Hurst and was introduced to all the postmen and women who are working hard doing their bit to sort and deliver the area’s share of the estimated total Wales postbag of more than 200 million items.
David Hanson said:
“It was great to meet the hard-working Royal Mail postmen and women at Flint’s Delivery Office and to see at first hand just how much effort they put into delivering the Christmas post for people at this time of year.
“Posties do such an important job at this time of year and I like to thank them for their efforts on behalf of the people of Delyn.”
Andrew Hurst, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager at Flint said:
“Christmas is the busiest time of year, and our people really do pull out all the stops to deliver the Christmas mailbag. We are pleased that David Hanson came along to witness the hard work that goes on behind the scenes.”
Mr Hurst added: “The postal staff do a fantastic job at this time of year to ensure that friends and families stay in touch through their Christmas greetings and gifts. And as usual, we urge our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings!”
It is also vital that people remember the last posting dates for mail. These are:
- Tuesday 20 December for 1st Class items
- Saturday 17 December for 2nd Class items
- Thursday 22 December for Special Delivery items
- Monday 12 December for airmail items to Western Europe
- Friday 9 December for Eastern Europe, the USA, Canada and Japan
- Monday 5 December for mail to the rest of the world
To help Royal Mail at its busiest time of the year, customers are being encouraged to take a few simple steps:
- Post early – to help Royal Mail spread the workload, post early and order presents early. The last posting dates this Christmas are: December 17 for 2nd Class mail; December 20 for 1st Class mail; December 22 for Special Delivery
- Use a postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, helps Royal Mail sort the item more efficiently
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable packages and parcels guarantee delivery, Royal Mail’s Special Delivery service is recommended, This means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss
- Parcelforce Worldwide’s Express services – These offer fast international delivery across the world from next working day, and the Scheduled service takes from three working days. Available to 240 countries worldwide, both are ideal for sending valuable and treasured items across the globe. For more information visit www.parcelforce.com
- For more information about Christmas with Royal Mail visit:www.royalmail.com or call 08457 740 740.
For further information contact Royal Mail Press Office on 02920 392500