Delyn MP, David Hanson, has welcomed figures released this week which show that in the year to date 1st April – 28th July, crime has fallen in Flintshire by 18.6% over the previous year.
Mr Hanson said:-
“Figures released by North Wales Police show that crime has fallen dramatically in Flintshire in the past twelve months. In all areas of crime, there have been significant reductions. I am pleased that in Flintshire:-
· Violent Crime: -20.9% decrease recorded
· Burglary Dwelling: -32.4% decrease recorded
· Vehicle Crime: -29.5% decrease recorded
· All Crime: -18.6% decrease recorded
· Anti-Social Behaviour: -19.2% recorded
These figures reflect very well on the policing performance in Flintshire, and I pay tribute to the local Police for this reduction.
Sadly, we have had some serious incidents recently, but people locally need to be aware that crime remains low, is falling, and I hope that this will be maintained”.